CampSaver respects consumer privacy and works to safeguard your personal information, while complying with all International and United States Federal and State laws and regulations. We are dedicated to providing you with the superior customer experience that you know and expect from CampSaver. We view your privacy as an important component of your customer experience and ensure that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible manner.
CampSaver protects your privacy. We share only that data required in the ordinary course of business, including information necessary for validation of credit transactions, verification of identity, shipping and billing addresses, tracking orders and visitors, obtainment of payment, marketing and merchandising efforts, improvement of your customer experience, and other data as described in this Policy.
What Personal Information do you Collect?
If you visit our website and browse or download information, we automatically collect and store the following information about your visit:
- The Internet Protocol Address and domain name used. The Internet Protocol address is a numerical identifier assigned either to your internet service provider or directly to your computer. We use the Internet Protocol Address to direct internet traffic to you and generate data used in management of the website;
- The type of browser and operating system you used;
- The date and time you visited the website;
- If you placed an item in your shopping cart, but took no further action with it.
The information that we automatically collect or store is used to improve our content and web services to help us to understand how people are using our website. This information does not identify you personally and is gathered for website statistics used to analyze and manage our website.
If you choose to purchase an item from us or provide us with your personal information (information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household) through live chat, forums, testimonials, reviews, feedback forms, or other means, you consent to the collection, use, and storage of your personal information. This information allows us to provide you with a customer experiences tailored to your needs. Any private information will only be used for the purpose for which it was provided and will not be shared or sold with another entity except under the specific conditions and circumstances provided in this policy.
In order to conduct and complete our internet retail business in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and to best serve you, we may request or retain the following information:
- Your Name
- Bill-To and Ship-To Information
- Contact Information, including Email Address and Telephone Number
- Financial and Credit Information, as needed
- Order Information
- Information Specific to Individual Customers
- Export Compliance and Domestic Compliance Certifications
- End Use, End User, Country of Ultimate Destination Information
- Any Information Required by the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. Department of Commerce for Export Licensing
- Identifications or Employment details, as needed to verify law enforcement, military or professional status
- Internet Protocol Address
- Your browsing, search, order, or purchase history
- Your birthdate
We use this information for the following commercial purposes:
- To create and manage your account with us;
- Verification of your identity;
- To ship product(s) to you and track those shipments;
- For communication with you about your purchase, account information, or customer service needs;
- To provide goods and services to you;
- To customize and/or personalize your viewing and content consumption experience;
- For notification of any changes to our website or to our services that may affect you;
- To improve our services;
- For technical support for you;
- To comply with all applicable laws and regulations concerning your use of our website and purchase of the product(s) from our company.
Does CampSaver Sell Personal Information?
No, CampSaver does not sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, your personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Under the following circumstances, and as permitted by law, we may be required to share your personal information:
- CampSaver provides information as needed to satisfy any legal obligations, including responding to any subpoenas, court orders, legal process, enforceable governmental requests, legal claims or to comply with any applicable laws or regulations. CampSaver reserves the right to share your personal information to exercise any legal rights or to defend against any legal claims.
- CampSaver shares information as may be required to further law enforcement investigations, to prevent illegal activity and to assist in taking action against illegal activity.
- CampSaver shares information, as permitted by law, to preserve the reputation and integrity of CampSaver, to prevent any harm to rights or property of our customers or CampSaver and to address any issues arising out of or related to fraud.
- If CampSaver is acquired by or merges with any other company or entity, your personal information may be transferred to any parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates or successors.
- CampSaver may share information to address security, technical or customer service issues or enforce any policies or terms and conditions of our websites or transactions.
- CampSaver may provide your information to our trusted service providers who work under confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements or assist with our business operations. Such companies may support our effective and innovative marketing techniques or aid in services necessary for fulfillment or completion of orders. These service providers have agreed not to retain, use or disclose your information for any purpose other than the specific purpose of performing the services specified in their agreement with CampSaver.
- CampSaver may share information as needed for the processing, shipping, tracking and fulfillment of any orders, as well as to collect fees and resolve any payment issues.
- CampSaver may use personal information to provide you with important marketing or promotional notices and to improve our marketing efforts or website design.
Do you Maintain a Database?
How do I Consent to CampSaver's Policies?
By doing business with CampSaver, you give consent to the implementation of the policies set forth herein. By denying access to any required personal information for the completion or verification of a transaction, participation in live chat, forums, testimonials, reviews, feedback forms, or other information required to communicate with CampSaver, you surrender the ability to transact with CampSaver.
How do I opt out of Security Text Messages?
We send security text messages based on the situation and your preferences. Some messages are considered optional and some are necessary for you to ensure your account is secure.
You can opt out of security text messages by changing the default delivery method to Email in My Account -> Security Settings.
You can also remove the phone number from our records from Your Account Settings to prevent us from using your phone as a backup method for security messages delivery.
Should you be willing to no longer receive promotional text messages from Campsaver, please send STOP as a response to such a text message.
How do you Protect Credit Data?
CampSaver reserves the right to exchange individual credit data and credit experience as any other company or organization may do in the ordinary course of business. Exchanging information may be necessary for payment processing, verification purposes, and fraud prevention, etc. This policy protects the order process, promotes individual responsibility and protects consumers. CampSaver takes necessary measures to ensure your credit data is secure and only shared with authorized persons or entities.
Is your Ordering Process Secure?
CampSaver ensures the safe transmission of your personal information during the ordering process. We make certain that our ordering process is up-to-date, secure, and capable of protecting your personal information.
What if I live in a State with a Right to Opt Out?
CampSaver does not sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, your personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration. Therefore, there is no need for an Opt Out function under applicable state laws.
What if I live in a state with a Right to Know?
What If I Live in a State with a Right to Delete?
Under certain circumstances we will not be able to comply with your request to delete your personal information immediately, or at all, for the following reasons:
- It is not a qualified request because there is no applicable law or regulation requiring or allowing for the deletion of the information that you have provided;
- CampSaver needs to maintain the information in order to complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected;
- CampSaver must maintain the information to provide a good or service you requested;
- The information is necessary for CampSaver's ongoing business relationship with you;
- The information is needed for CampSaver to otherwise perform the agreement between you and CampSaver;
- CampSaver must retain the information to satisfy a legal or regulatory obligation;
- CampSaver requires the information to detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity;
- CampSaver needs the information to prosecute those responsible for unlawful activity or to otherwise respond to legal claims, actions or activities;
- CampSaver must maintain the information in order to debug and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- CampSaver solely uses the information internally for lawful and compatible purposes within the business relationship and context for which you provided it to CampSaver.
Do you Collect or Sell Personal Information of Children?
CampSaver does not knowingly sell products to children or collect personal information from any person under the age of 18 years old. To the extent personal information about a minor is provided by a parent or guardian, CampSaver does not sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, that personal information to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
Is any Information Provided Automatically?
When you visit CampSaver, we may receive information about your visit automatically through data collection tools and methodologies used in the ordinary course of business. These tools enhance the quality of our service and provide you with a user-friendly experience. Please refer to the "What Personal Information Do You Collect" for further information regarding information that we automatically collect.
What if I am referred to another Site or Service?
Is this Policy Subject to Change?
Where are Your Other Policies?
Please refer to our main Policy Page for more information on our Customer Service Policies and Procedures.
CampSaver updated this policy on 12/31/2019